Call for Entries:
Exhibit at Milton Keynes University Hospital
3 October 2019
Applications are now closed:
Arts for Health Milton Keynes are inviting submissions from artists interested in exhibiting at Milton Keynes University Hospital as part of our changing exhibition programme.
We are offering artist/artist groups the unique opportunity to reach a wide and diverse audience through displaying work within corridors or waiting areas on the hospital site for the duration of six months.
About Arts for Health
We are an independent charity based at Milton Keynes University Hospital where we care for the art collection and organise an annual programme of temporary exhibitions. A large part of our work is based around the role that art can play in enhancing the health care environment of the hospital. Hospitals are often very stressful places to be admitted to, to visit and to work in. They are unique environments, eliciting strong feelings and reactions ranging from nerve wracking to frightening and exciting to boring. Art in a hospital provides an opportunity to be distracted, soothed, cheered and engaged. We are looking for exhibition proposals that complement the nature of this environment.
We are now looking for artists for the following exhibition periods:
December 2019 - May 2020
February – July 2020
May – October 2020
July – December 2020
From the submitted works a panel will select works to be included in each exhibition. Installation dates TBC with selected artists.
Information for applicants
Due to the nature of the space, we are only able to accommodate 2D work which is no more than 7cm in depth and artists will need to have a substantial body of work to fill the space. The decision will be based on website portfolio and work for exhibition will be decided following discussion with Arts for Health and the artist.
You are required to include in your submission:
Name and Contact address/email/telephone number
Artist website address / Instagram / PDF file containing images and a brief artist statement
Please indicate your first-choice dates or if you would like to be considered for all exhibition periods
- Any technical requirements
Terms and Conditions
Artists chosen will work with the Arts for Health team to agree final content of exhibition.
All works submitted must be available for the duration of the exhibition. Artists cannot remove artwork from display until after the exhibition closes.
Work must be wall based but can be in any medium. The work must be no more than 7cms in depth.
Artwork must be the original work of the artist(s) named on the submission
- Group entries will be accepted.
- Selected artists must supply work as display ready, taking into account the specific hanging system in the exhibition space. All brackets will be provided by Arts for Health.
- Selected artists will be responsible for the transport costs and arrangements for their works.
- Whilst every precaution will be taken to ensure the safety of artwork whilst on display, the spaces are open to the public and therefore all art work will be exhibited at the artist’s own risk. The organisers are not liable for any loss or damage incurred to artwork during transit or exhibition. Selected artists are responsible for taking out their own insurance to cover the work in transit (two-ways) and during the exhibition period.
- Arts for Health will take a commission of 20% on any artworks sold during the exhibition.
- Arts for Health reserve the right to withdraw selected artwork from exhibition at any time.
- If selected, the artist agrees to the reproduction of their work (at no fee) in association with the competition for inclusion in press/publicity/website etc
Arts for Health cannot guarantee that any artist will be selected for exhibition. The selectors' decision is final and Arts for Health will not enter into discussions regarding acceptance.
Image above: Hannah Wilson